1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area?
My parents moved to Cupertino when I was an infant. Other than my college years, the bay area has always been my home.
2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Most of my favorite childhood memories revolve around summer activities – playing in yard while my Dad mowed the lawn in the evening; riding my bike to the library in the morning and reading all day in the shade on the back patio; swim parties in our backyard.
3. What subject(s) did you study at College?
I was a history major, but I took a few general accounting class so I would have a skill when it came time to find a job.
4. What was your first job?
I worked in the library while attending college. I started at De Anza College, and the head librarian had a contact at UCSB so I was able to work in that campus library when I transferred.
5. Who has been the most influential person to you in your career?
There have been too many mentors to single out one person. I have been very fortunate to meet lots of generous people in my career.
6. How has your career created value in your life?
Having a career has helped me to set priorities and stay focused on what really matters.
7. What do you consider to be the most significant world event that has occurred during your lifetime?
The lunar landing in 1969 is one of my first memories of a world event. My Dad worked in the Aerospace industry so space exploration was a part of our family identity.
8. What is your most memorable travel experience?
My parents believed in providing travel experiences. I was able to live with a family in Austria for a month during high school and visit Japan with my mom the summer I graduated from high school.
9. What is the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
Funny things happen to me daily. Laughter is my favorite language.
10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
My husband and I have raised two amazing sons into adulthood. My favorite activity is spending time with my family.
11. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I quilt, sew, knit, craft … I have lots of projects to keep me busy. I also enjoy hiking with my husband on weekends and hanging out with the cat.
12. If you could possess one super-human power, what would it be?
I would love to be able to unlock doors and start cars without having to carry around any keys or remember any codes.