1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area?
I was born in Monterey, CA but moved to Colorado when I was about 4. I spent my childhood in Colorado and moved back to San Jose when I was 12 and haven’t left.
2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
One of my first snow days in Colorado where all the schools were shut down. All the neighborhood kids were outside and we played in the snow all day. At the end of the day, my hands were practically frozen because I didn’t wear the proper gloves. I got in so much trouble with my mom but I remember thinking it was worth it.
3. What subject(s) did you study at College?
I studied Economics with a concentration in Finance. I originally started out as a Finance major but changed to Economics because I was intrigued with the social science aspect of Econ. It was interesting to dive deeper into the numbers.
4. What was your first job?
Working retail at the mall.
5. Who has been the most influential person to you in your career?
My mother-in-law. I worked with her for over 12 years at the family business. She gave me the opportunity to have many different roles at the company. That experience has provided me with a global view of business and business management that will be useful in my career going forward.
6. How has your career created value in your life?
I have always been a career-driven person. My career allows me to be collaborative, creative, and provides an outlet for my super “type A” personality.
7. What do you consider to be the most significant world event that has occurred during your lifetime?
Without getting too political, it was when Donald Trump was elected president. I was so certain of the outcome and when it didn’t go my way, I was filled with so many emotions and scared for my children’s future. However, I was so relieved and inspired to see people banding together and vowing to make a difference.
8. What is your most memorable travel experience?
When I went to Fenway Park for the first time. It was magical!
9. What is the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
For some reason this question is hard to answer. One thing I could think of was a few years ago (before kids!), I went out with my brother, my husband, and his siblings and people were constantly comparing us to the cast of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I don’t think it was a compliment…
10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Being a mother. I didn’t know what to expect and now I can’t imagine my life without them.
11. What do you like to do in your spare time?
With the little spare time I have, I love spending time with my kids and my family. Other things I like to do is go out to eat and drink, online shop (it’s an addiction), and watch sports (Go Red Sox!).
12. If you could possess one super-human power, what would it be?
To stop time so I would never be late.
BA in Economics from San Jose State University