1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area?
Most of my life.
2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
My first time camping in Yosemite National Park with my family. I was a curious child and was excited to explore this strange place. I went hiking, climbed rocks and trees, chased squirrels and went canoeing with my sister. At that point, I was captivated by the wilderness and grew up enjoying outdoor activities.
3. What subject(s) did you study at College?
Biology at University of California Davis and then Accounting at Santa Clara University.
4. What was your first job?
Swim instructor/lifeguard at UCSF Mission Bay Aquatics.
5. Who has been the most influential person to you in your career?
My mother, who has taught me to be fearless and to always strive to be admirable.
6. How has your career created value in your life?
I have developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I have learned to work in different environments and met some respectable individuals who shaped me into the person I am today.
7. What do you consider to be the most significant world event that has occurred during your lifetime?
8. What is your most memorable travel experience?
After college, I went to Hawaii with a group of friends. We went sailing, hiking, snorkeling and ended the trip with a luau. The most unforgettable part of this trip was the wild chase after the sea turtles on a paddleboard. It was not easy capturing a photo with a sea creature.
9. What is the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
Tripped on the grand staircase at SF City Hall during some couple’s wedding shoot.
10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
The accomplishment I am most proud of as of yet is my college career as a whole. I learned a lot about my self as well as accomplished more that I expected from myself. That being said though, I know that I still have a lot of moments ahead of me to be proud of.
11. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy hiking and running marathons. Recently, I have taken up more obstacle races and “fun runs,” such as the Color Run, Spartan Race, Tough Muddler and Bay-to-Breakers.
12. If you could possess one super-human power, what would it be?
To freeze time. There are not enough hours in the day to do everything that I set out for.