1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area?
I was born in Portland, Oregon. I have lived in the Bay Area since I moved down for College.
2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
My Grandma lived on an inlet of the Clackamas river and every Sunday I would go to her house and swim in the swimming hole with my cousins. As a kid the best part was the rope swing and inner tube wars but looking back, I’m glad I was able to have a close relationship with my Grandma and cousins.
3. What subject(s) did you study at College?
Accounting – I did have several ceramics classes mixed in but couldn’t make it as an artist.
4. What was your first job?
Stock room clerk at Nordstrom.
5. Who has been the most influential person to you in your career?
Jim Kiehm who was my Manager when I first started as a baby accountant.
6. How has your career created value in your life?
I am able to help and teach people new things every day.
7. What do you consider to be the most significant world event that has occurred during your lifetime?
September 11, 2001. I don’t think I will ever forget where I was or how that day unfolded.
8. What is your most memorable travel experience?
Whitewater rafting the class V section of Gore Canyon in Colorado.
9. What is the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
I’ve had so many funny experiences that I don’t think I can name just one.
10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Gosh, I don’t know! Maybe I have yet to achieve it.
11. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spend time with friends and family, travel, read and scrapbook.
12. If you could possess one super-human power, what would it be?
To selectively be able to read minds. I don’t always want to know what people are thinking but it would nice every now and then.
Attestation and taxation in the areas of construction, manufacturing, not-for-profit, employee benefit plans and closely-held businesses.
Santa Clara University with a degree in Accounting.
Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Member of the California Board of Accountancy.